Monday, August 8, 2016

August is Psoriasis Awareness Month!



August is Psoriasis awareness month, so I thought that I would share a little bit of my story. If we are friends on Facebook (and if you have not hidden me yet!) you may have seen that I have been using Plexus products for the last nine months. Here's a little bit about my experience. 

Last fall, after my psoriasis kept worsening, my doctor wanted to put me on immuno suppressant drugs. You know, the big scary ones that have not had much long-term testing. Eric and I talked about it, but I just did not want to go down that road. And if we were going to do that, I wanted to make sure that I had tried every other option first! For the last five years, I've experimented with one form of diet or another: dairy free or gluten-free for extended periods of time. But the one thing that I had not tried was Plexus:  a line of health supplements that target blood sugar, gut health, or inflammation.

So I started Plexus around the middle of December. By the end of the first week, I was noticing a definite increase in energy. And by 12 weeks, my skin started to clear up - not completely, but enough that I'd notice more improvement than I had noticed with recent light therapy, or my topical steroids.

 


The next few months, I noticed I started to sleep better. I was craving less sugar, for sure. I lost some inches and I lost some pounds. The rhythm of my day was improved. And YES this is possibly too much information, but I started to use the bathroom like a healthy person is supposed to use the bathroom.... and I attribute it to Plexus! I didn't know how sick I was until I started feeling better. And as a result of all of these things, I found that I was just straight up HAPPIER, too.

Throughout the spring, I used some of my free time to learn more about Plexus and the ingredients. Natural. Free of artificial colors and sweeteners. (There are similar products floating around, but almost all of them have added chemicals or added artificial sweeteners. I'm proud to stand by Plexus and their quality ingredients!) I've learned more about gut health, and as with many things, the more I know the more I realize I don't know!

These pictures were taken on June 29, after being at the lake in sunny eastern Washington for 8 days. I captioned it saying something like, "this is what happens when I get plenty of sunshine and not a lot of stress and I take my Plexus probiotic!"


But in a cruel joke... a week after the above pictures were taken, I ran out of my probiotic.  I figured that I would be okay because I was still getting plenty of sunshine. And then, this happened:

 

(I have more pictures, but I'm not brave enough to share!) 

I swear, I didn't change ANYTHING. I was getting equal amounts of sunshine. I didn't change laundry detergent or soap or lotion. I wasn't stressed. And yes, psoriasis can flare without any rhyme or reason, but this was the worst flare I've ever had in my life. Hundreds of spots were covering my arms, my shoulders, my torso, and my back.

Lemme tell you. It's hard feeling you have no control over something that is so obvious to people around you.  And I have the best family and friends in the world. Life at the lake is safe and quiet, but I found myself starting to have anxiety dreams about re-entering our world on the east coast. I was so ashamed about my worsening condition (especially after having just bragged about looking so good at the end of June!) that I didn't even describe my worsening symptoms to family on the phone. But I had this sinking feeling that once I got back to the east coast at the end of August, I would have some 'splaining to do.

Finalllllly, after 3 weeks without my products, on August 1 my Plexus products arrived and I was back in business:

And now, here's me as of today. Clearing up again. This happened literally overnight. 


It's been one week since being back on the probiotic. I texted a friend today and said, "I am PERPLEXED. Is it this simple?? Keep taking my probiotic and my skin behaves?" Maybe it is that simple. Or maybe this is anecdotal.  I mean, Plexus doesn't claim to cure any disease. But this is my testimony and I'm happy to share it with you, because I'm happy to be using something that continues to give me hope.

I've been posting about Plexus on Facebook for several months, and I know that people peddling things on social media can be annoying. But these products have changed my life, and I don't ever want to be without them again. I hope now you understand a little more about why I love Plexus! 

Plexus has improved my health in ways I didn't think possible. And I would love if Plexus could do for you part of what it's done for me!

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this Martha! (well maybe not the 3 weeks w/o Plexus) This just goes to show how great these products truly are!

    ReplyDelete